Monday, March 15, 2010

Blogs

I tried the blog link in the Blackboard site for advanced oral communication. I'm not really sure what's different about it than discussion board but the students responded with "are we blogging?" They seemed to be excited about the idea. So, I decided to have the students try a real blog. On the site for sharing power point presentations there was one about getting started with a blog. I thought I'd show them that and then sign up for their own blog. It might be interesting for them to share their experiences about coming to a new country and see if they get some responses. I watched the video about ESS feeds, but that was only for signing up to get news. We have the one Rita created for our class so I need to find out how that is done. The students might also have to sign up for Twitter and start by following someone who has had the same experiences.

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne,
    Our 791 AM students all have Twitter accounts, and today I got them on Google Docs. They should have no problem signing up for Blogger since that is also a Google account. Were you thinking of having them develop an iGoogle page so they can put RSS feeds of each of the class members?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was my thought. I imagined something like what you've got for our class, where we can see each others blogs. How do I dewvelop and iGoogle page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same way we did it for our tech class. Each person would set up his/her own page and add the links to the classmates' blogs. I can go through it with you again if you'd like me to. It wouldn't take long.

    ReplyDelete