Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Final Project II

I tried having the students use Twitter to answer a question which I required them to answer with a sentence containing an adjective clause. I had planned to collect the sentences in my account that I created for this purpose, and then have all the students read the sentences and analyze them for any errors. Unfortunately many students had a great deal of trouble getting into their Twitter accounts. I projected the sentences that some of the students managed to send. I realized what I should have done was to make this a 2 day project. I should have just made the rounds helping the student who were having problems and give the students who were successful another assignment, and then, display all the sentences the next day. I'll try this again.
I still think that having the students write a blog telling about their experiences or sharing what they've learned would be an interesting thing for them to do. I'm giving this some thought.

1 comment:

  1. Did you follow up on your Twitter project yet? Now that you've laid the groundwork, keep going! The students will become more and more familiar with the application and feel more and more successful at using technology. If we give up, so will our students!
    The 791 students are using the blog/journal on Blackboard as part of the Side by Side 4 class. We're not moving ahead in that class as quickly as I think we should be, so I can't spend too much more time on "extras." But, be aware that if you want them to journal/blog, it won't be totally unfamiliar to them.

    ReplyDelete